Tuesday, November 23, 2010

If you think the world is out to get you, you're right!

Today's dream is an interesting one. I am known to be a positive thinker, one who likes to look at everything in a good light. Recently, I've allowed negative thoughts to creep into my head. I chose to think the world was out to get me. In my minds eye I couldn't do anything right. My self talk was extremely negative and I blamed others for the wrong that went on in my life. I'd get angry with the way people were acting. I would be angry that the world is full of liars, cheats, thieves, and feel like the world is hopeless and living in such a world would only be worth living if I lived away from everyone. I found myself giving into the way of the world only to find that happiness didn't exist in a negative mindset.

The world is full of good things and good people, but its up to me to chose to look at the world that way. Is that hard to do sometimes? You better believe it, but the good thing is there are a lot more good things than there are bad in life, you just have to find them. Tonight there is a blizzard that is taking over the state and I had friends and family call/text/IM to make sure that I was ok. They made sure that if I was to be stuck in a place for too long due to weather that I was prepared. How wonderful is that? It made me feel wanted and needed. Even at work, my boss wanted me to stay the whole day despite the storm. Even though I took that as someone not caring about my safety, I need to realize that she wanted and needed my help. I need to stay positive so my dreams will remain so.

1 comment:

  1. nicely done jason...it's a good reminder to always look on the sunnyside of life.

    ReplyDelete